Saturday, July 30, 2011

Long time no blog, I know. I need to become more consistent when it comes to typing up entries. Might be a bit better if I had a laptop I could type on anywhere at any time instead of this ridiculously slow desktop, but it is all that I have right now. -Sigh.- Oh well, moving along.~

I had my doctor's appointment this past Thursday. Basically surgery was and will be ruled out unless the shots fail to help or unless I relapse and become as bad as I was when I injured my back to begin with. This was a huge relief off my shoulders, however my next treatment will be some sort of shots. You may think this is no big deal and I didn't think so either, but then I got to thinking about it. A (possibly) huge needle is going to go straight into the nerve. HOLY CRAP! I got sick to my stomach when I saw my sister get her epidural and again when I saw my aunt get a simple injection into her IV when she was staying at the hospital at one point. Of course I have been stuck numerous times myself, whether it was for IVs, getting blood drawn, or some type of shot but this is different. I believe they are called Trigger Point shots, here is an article I found about them: uuughshots?!

I have heard they were painful and this article says the same thing. The side effects aren't too pretty either, but my issue is the procedure in general. I already feel sick just thinking about it. I have two weeks or less, depending on if I wish to start them sooner. I want to hurry up and get back to feeling natural and get back to work, I hate having to depend so much on my family even though they have been amazingly supportive. I just need to start living my life like I need to. With that said, I think I may be calling them next week to schedule myself for the first injection. It's just been way too long.

Speaking of my life, there are a few changes going on. Mom and I are switching cars until I get a job and can start paying my car payments again, plus her car is a bit easier on gas than mine. Not by much though. I also still have to call and obtain my transcripts so I can send them to my college of choice and start my education. Matt and I are also doing very well. (: He surprised me with something the other day, although we haven't talked about it yet. It probably won't also be further discussed until I get a job and everything too. Although my life's not great, it's going pretty well and I am enjoying it greatly. We could all do without the little annoyances, I severely wish I could erase them, but I am trying to learn to accept them because, after all, they have a purpose.

I guess this will suffice for now. I forgot what other subjects I was going to talk about, being sleepy will do that to you. I will hopefully start posting more and surely it will become a daily habit.

-Ambz

No comments:

Post a Comment